Why People are Homeless:
- The wait list for affordable housing is years long even if you have a job
- Many people work every day and still can't afford a place to live.
- Some people who suffer from mental illness are not able to take care of themselves and have trouble navigating resources.
- Some people have had personal disasters such as accidents or illnesses and lost all their savings.
- Women may have left their homes because they were victims of abuse and domestic violence.
- Some have been in jail and can't get a job or rent an apartment because no one will hire them or allow them to stay.
12 Things You Can Do:
Check out additional organizations and reviews by Philanthropedia